Post by Mfitz804 on Dec 1, 2019 20:53:52 GMT -5
It is our expectation that all posters will maintain a general sense of decorum. The intention is to keep the board family friendly and enjoyable for all, not to restrict what people say.
1. Profanity/nudity is not permitted. Of course you're welcome to post in the nude, as long as you don't post pictures of yourself posting in the nude.
2. Religion, politics and “hot button” topics/activism are not permitted. Other than that, discuss what you want, but do it civilly. Understand that someone may vehemently disagree with you, and if they do so respectfully, I have no intention of stepping in. Personal attacks, name calling and the like are not acceptable and will be dealt with. This policy is subject to change, if it doesn’t work out, we’ll have to place some further limitations.
3. We’re all coming from a specific forum and obviously, we may refer back to conversations that happened over there. However, conversations regarding opinions concerning the operation, management, or staff of the old place, or debates about which version is better, are not welcome here. New management concedes that the old place was miles better. We will also not be commenting on the issues that arose on the old site or people who were or were not banned from the old site. I want to remember the past but always look forward.
4. All pictures posted must be “safe for work” and otherwise comply with the same rules as written posts. Any links to outside sources posted that contain things not safe for work (NSFW) should be labeled as such so the viewer can decide whether or not to click. If a URL ends in a typical picture extension like /jpg, posting that link should automatically embed the photo in your post.
5. Hosting of photographs was very limited in the free forum software, and in order to keep the site free, we have eliminated photo hosting. Any pictures must be hosted at an off-site photo hosting website such as Flickr.
6. The forum permits the use of Signatures that will automatically be applied to the end of your posts. To keep the forum from being flooded with repeated posts containing the same picture over and over again, signatures may be text only, no pictures.
7. The forum has a Private Message function. Members are free to contact each other using that system. If you wish, you can disable that feature for your account. PMs are not monitored but will be expected to comply with the Forum Rules. If someone asks you not to PM them, respect their wishes.
8. If you need me, the best way to reach me will be through the Private Message system.
9. At the top right of each post, there's a button marked "Quote". Hitting that will quote that post in your reply. We should use that feature rather than the old method of cutting, pasting and adding quotes. This will show who originally said it and it will be set apart and clearly marked as a quote. The quoted text can then be edited, and it is suggested that the person quoting it edit the quote to include only the relevant portion, and I ask that everyone consider whether their post is a direct reply to a previous post and if not, whether a quote is necessary. You can also use the "Quick Quote" feature (desktop only), where you can highlight selected text and hit the Quick Quote button, which will copy the selected quote into the reply box.
10. I will not be able to read/monitor every post, and I will not be available to mediate disputes on a moment’s notice. If something offensive is going on or there’s a debate getting heated, please don’t hesitate to bring it to my attention or the attention of a Moderator so it can be addressed as soon as I’m able.
11. If a Moderator finds your post to be in violation of the House Rules, the thread will be locked and submitted to me for review. I will determine whether content should be removed, that could mean individual posts or an entire thread. To the extent the thread can be salvaged, it will be edited, unlocked, and returned to its original location. If its beyond help, it'll either remain locked or be deleted in its entirety.
12. If incorporating an emoji into your screen name, please limit it to one, and it must come AFTER your name so I can find everyone in the alphabetical index.
13. We have a "For Sale Or Trade" section for selling your items. Members with at least 50 posts on this site can use that section. The rules for doing so are posted in that section. This is the only place to list items for sale. Based on the current situation, we have also permitted members to publicize their website or business in this section, as long as it is their own business and it is legal in all 50 states and/or interstate commerce, if applicable. Ads don't belong anywhere else on the site, and members may not cross-reference their FSOT ads in other sections of the site.
14. Please don’t preface your posts with “I don’t know if this is allowed under the rules” or “If this is against the rules, please delete it”. If it’s so close that you can’t tell, just take your shot. We’ll delete it if you tell us to or not!
15. To avoid any future issues, all members’ ability to edit/delete their posts will be limited in time to 90 minutes. If anything is needed after that, please PM myself or a Mod, please don’t post deletion requests in a new post in the thread. Members are encouraged to quote their original post and add additional information in a new post if they wish to supplement and the time for editing has expired.
16. Our mascot/spirit animal is the Giraffe, this is not open for debate.
17. Violations of the House Rules may result in post deletion. Repeated violations may result in a suspension or ban.